We are a rapidly growing IoT enabled software company with a proven product, a proven market and differentiated technology that uniquely positions us to continue our hyper-growth. We are an established company but we act like a startup and we are looking for the perfect CRO to climb aboard and help accelerate our growth. In this newly created position, reporting to the CEO, the CRO will lead the entire revenue generation process. The ideal candidate will have past experience managing sales, marketing and business development departments in an industry that has both software and hardware components and will be someone who has gone to market selling Software as a Service (“SaaS”) with a B2B focus.
While the primary objective of this role is achieving the company’s revenue and customer acquisition goals, the best candidate will be a seasoned executive that also actively participates in strategic planning for the entire organization. As such, ideal candidates have an understanding of other departmental functions like finance, product development, operations or support and will have worked in a non-sales role at some point in their career.
As CRO, you will manage or oversee all aspects of sales, marketing and business development. This includes both direct and channel sales, sales operations, product marketing, demand generation, and strategic partnerships. You have experience developing revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections, and you have built high performing revenue teams that generated SaaS sales to enterprise clients. You are also familiar with high velocity models for smaller customers.
Finally, you are a data driven executive that likes to manage by KPI and hold teams accountable for their
metrics. You are adept at using data from CRM’s to manage your team and you are familiar with measuring
the efficacy of marketing initiatives to determine where to best make investments that will result in revenue.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creating and executing a complete Go-To-Market Strategy
- Establishing ownership of all company revenue goals and being accountable for all sales results
- Managing all aspects of the revenue generation process
- Managing the complete process of MQL generation to SQL creation
- Monitoring and adjusting as necessary all revenue pipelines and leads to create sustainable growth
- Refining and continuously improving the sales methodology and management processes, including Key Performance Indicators (KPI), dashboards, pipeline management, sales playbook and go-to-market planning
- Overseeing direct and channel sales, business development and sales operations departments as well as direct management of all appointed department managers in those areas
- Mentoring and developing sales staff to maximize individual growth and overall company revenue growth.
- Overseeing all Channel/Partner development, adding new sales channels and third-party resellers and partners.
- Identifying optimal pricing strategies through best practices, processes, and tools
- Creating an accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics that drive compensation and promotions
- Identifying, developing and maintaining strong relationships with C-level executives of key clients and partners
- Collaborating with the CEO on general corporate matters such as strategy, investor relations, board meetings, financial projections, goal setting, team building, recruiting, etc.
- Managing all aspects of marketing department and overseeing the following:
- Identifying and marketing to key channel and direct sales personas in selected verticals
- Creating and executing market positioning and competitive advantages
- Creating and executing powerful messages that speak to our direct and channel targets
- Developing and executing tactical marketing programs to drive top of funnel opportunity creation, brand awareness and thought leadership
- Representing and/or speaking on behalf of RemoteLock at industry events and panels
- Identifying and assisting with the development of customer success stories and articles
- Collaborating with Executive team on monthly, quarterly, and yearly strategy development to achieve optimal growth of company and employees
- Adhering and perpetuating company established values -
- Own It - We do what we say and we are FANATICAL about getting the right things done
- Improve It - We become EXPERTS with the passion and humility to improve
- Respect It - We are OPEN and HONEST with and appreciate ourselves, our customers and our Board.
- Willing to relocate to Denver Colorado.
- Professional: unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
- 10+ years executive level experience in leading sales, lead generation and marketing teams in a SaaS/enterprise software environment
- Experience managing Direct and Channel Sales, Product Marketing, Enterprise Sales, Sales Operations and Business Development in organizations that scaled over $20M.
- Knows the value chain in at least one of these verticals: Video Surveillance, Burglar Alarms, Access Control
- Strong understanding of BOTH enterprise SaaS sales (High ASP) AND high velocity (low ASP) SaaS business models
- Proven success in scaling growth-stage companies, exit experience a plus.
- Demonstrable experience designing and/or identifying repeatable and scalable operations
- Strong background in funnel optimization, sales operations and sales process
- Data-driven / metrics-driven: able to create a culture of accountability by setting the right metrics and tying company performance, compensation, and promotions to tangible results
- Enthusiastic leader; you inspire and motivate others to be the best versions of themselves and are able to represent the company in key industry events
- Strong Interpersonal/Communication skills: an innate ability to channel different points of view, to create a team atmosphere
- Ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs, and the combination of firmness and likability that all good leaders possess.
- Ability to identify and focus on the Company’s best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the company
- Strong Work ethic, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, and invest the time required to deliver on key responsibilities in a timely fashion
- Must be a process driven leader with the ability to explain your preferred sale KPI and evaluate key SaaS metrics to produce reports and dashboards to make data driven decisions
- Familiarity with or experience managing a P&L
- Startup experience preferred or entrepreneurial mindset
- Bachelor Degree (Master a plus).
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
Email to apply